Before starting the application process to the University of Thessaly, please ask your Home University and/or the Erasmus Coordinator to nominate you to the International Relations Office (IRO) of the University of Thessaly .
1. After your Home University has nominated you to study at the University of Thessaly and you receive an acceptance e-mail from us, please fill in and send us the following documents (signed and stamped) by email or by post:
- the Student’s Application Form and
- the Learning Agreement
- a Copy of your travelling documents ( ID or PASSPORT)
- a B1 English Language Certificate
- a Copy of your European Health Insurance Card
(Att: Mrs Aspa Alexiou)
International Relations Office
Office no7, 1st floor
University of Thessaly
Argonafton & Filellinon Str.
before the application deadlines:
- 31th of July for students who will attend the Winter Semester or the Full Academic Year.
- 15th of December for students who will attend the Spring Semester.
2. Upon receiving your Application Documents, the International Relations Office will forward them to your Department for approval and after that, we will send your documents back to you fully signed and stamped by our Coordinators.
Important for your Learning Agreement:
You must check and fill in the learning agreement correctly regarding course codes and ECTS. Please do not send us all pages of Erasmus+ Learning Agreement, only the "Before the Mobility" part is necessary before your arrival. Also, pay attention to how you fill in the names of the responsible people and the contact person on the Learning Agreement.
The contact person (pg1) is the responsible person, in the International Relations Office, for all administrative matters concerning the Erasmus+ programme. The Departmental Coordinator (pg2) is the responsible professor for all academic Erasmus+ matters in each Department and the person in charge to sign your Learning Agreement. Please, keep in mind that the Departmental Coordinator is different for each Department.
Each course is listed with its corresponding ECTS credits. The required workload for one semester is 30 ECTS. Prior to course selection, students should consult with their Departmental Coordinator to ensure the academic recognition of their selected courses. Students should complete their Learning Agreement before their arrival in the University of Thessaly.
If you plan to carry out a project or thesis, you need to get in contact with the Professor that will supervise your work in the corresponding Department in the University of Thessaly. In any case, a Learning Agreement is also necessary.
If you are an EU-student, do not forget to bring your European Health Insurance Card, issued by your home health insurance organisation/body! With the European Health Insurance Card you can go to any doctor or hospital directly.
If you are a non-EU-student, you need to get a private health insurance plan which will also be valid in Greece. To ensure that the health insurance premium meets the Greek national standards, it is recommended that students purchase the same as an in-country medical insurance plan.