Before starting the application process, please ask your Home University and/or the Erasmus Coordinator to nominate you to the University of Thessaly .
1. After your Home University has nominated you to study at the University of Thessaly, you receive an acceptance e-mail from us contain the link to the online application as well as important information regarding the documents needed.
During the online application you need to upload the following:
- the Student’s Application Form
- a Copy of your travelling documents ( ID or PASSPORT)
- an English Language Certificate (according to the level specified by the Bilateral Agreement)
- a Copy of your European Health Insurance Card
At the same time, you need to upload on dashboard the Online Learning Agreement (Guidelines to the new Online Learning Agreement - OLA)
- 31th of July for students who will attend the Winter Semester or the Full Academic Year.
- 15th of December for students who will attend the Spring Semester.
2. Upon receiving your Application Documents, the International Relations Office will forward them to your Department for approval and after that, we will send your documents back to you fully signed and stamped by our Coordinators.
Important for your Online Learning Agreement:
You must check and fill in the learning agreement correctly regarding course codes and ECTS. Please, pay attention to how you fill in the names of the responsible people and the contact person.
In the new Online Learning Agreement, the receiving administrative contact person is the responsible person in the International Relations Office, whereas the receiving responsible person is the Departmental Coordinator. Please, keep in mind that the Departmental Coordinator (receiving responsible person) is different for each Department.
The required workload for one semester is 30 ECTS. Prior to course selection, students should consult with their Departmental Coordinator to ensure the academic recognition of their selected courses. Students should complete their Online Learning Agreement before their arrival in the University of Thessaly.
If you plan to carry out a project or thesis, you need to get in contact with the Professor that will supervise your work in the corresponding Department in the University of Thessaly. In any case, a Learning Agreement is also necessary.
If you are an EU-student, do not forget to bring your European Health Insurance Card, issued by your home health insurance organisation/body! With the European Health Insurance Card you can go to any doctor or hospital directly.
If you are a non-EU-student, you need to get a private health insurance plan which will also be valid in Greece. To ensure that the health insurance premium meets the Greek national standards, it is recommended that students purchase the same as an in-country medical insurance plan.