The Greek Prime Minister has announced a new three-week nationwide lockdown to help contain a resurgence of Covid-19, starting on Saturday, November 7 at 06:00.
Everyone needs to have a permit to go outdoors at allocated times, since all unnecessary movements are banned. Retail businesses will be shut with the exception of supermarkets and pharmacies.
Movements of citizens to serve their needs that cannot be otherwise met are permitted only for the following reasons:
- Go to a pharmacy or visit a doctor if this is advisable after communication.
- Shopping for necessities (supermarket, mini-market) when they cannot be delivered.
- Going to the bank, since no electronic transaction is possible.
- Caring for a sick person or someone in need.
- Going to a ceremony (eg funeral, marriage, baptism) under the conditions provided by law or visiting divorced parents or for urgent family reasons.
- Exercise outdoors or walking a pet, keeping the necessary distance of 1.5 meters.
Everyone must have their ID or passport along with a completed movement certificate (saved as PDF, printed or handwritten) or a confirmation SMS at each movement to show in case of a check.
1. The document “Extraordinary Movement Permit” printed is signed by the individual and includes the name, date of birth, home address, and time of departure of the individual, as well as the specific reason of the move and / or transportation.
You can find the document here.
2. You can send an SMS text message from your mobile phone number to 13033, free of charge
The SMS text message must be in the following format:
X [blank] full name [blank] home address
You will receive the following text back:
Transportation [blank] X [blank] full name and home address.
3. Handwritten Form
The handwritten form must contain the following information:
- Full Name
- Home Address
- Reason for moving within the above permitted categories and destination address
- Date, Time, Signature